Penn Blockchain (FranklinDAO) Delegate Platform
- Address: 0x070341aA5Ed571f0FB2c4a5641409B1A46b4961b
- ENS: FranklinDAO.eth
- Twitter: @PennBlockchain
Hello everyone! We’re Penn Blockchain/FranklinDAO a leading, completely student run blockchain organization with students from The University of Pennsylvania’s undergraduate and graduate schools. We have over 200 general body members and are expecting many more in the semesters to come!
We have committees covering Governance, Research, Education, Investments, and Development/Web3. On the governance side of things, our team has different members leading governance initiatives for different protocols we have delegations for. Current Penn Blockchain delegations include Aave, Compound, Uniswap, DyDx, Optimism, Maker, etc. Each week, governance leads will share updates with the club about new proposals and we will all debate about what to do before voting with our wallet.
We are deeply committed to preserving defi’s core values, and will gear our voting decisions based on:
- Transparency: Committed to ensuring transparency of the protocol, and transparency about our decision-making process. We are committed to acting independently without external influence from third-parties. We’re always open to answering questions related to our votes on proposals, and will have a running thread up shortly to publicly display our opinions on votes.
- Sustainability: We are committed to ensuring the long term sustainability and health of the DAOs we participate in and aim to help them steward their native protocols in perpetuity.
- Inclusivity: Forging the best ideas requires diversity, fairness, and education, and we will strive to encourage these.
We’d love to be your Interest Protocol delegate and are excited for what’s to come. Our weekly discussions combine graduates with years of expertise in many jurisdictions with many bright minded undergrads eager to leave their impact and names in Web3. We have upheld a 95%+ participation rate across all the other protocols we are delegates for and plan to spend a lot of time here as well to help build out the ecosystem!
Conflicts of Interest
We take part actively in the governance of other well known projects
Please indicate your monthly activity on your delegate post here
Here are the requirements for compensation.
- Communicate on the IP forum how and why a delegate voted the way they did within seven days of the close of a vote (minimum 90% of the time) in their dedicated delegate thread.
- Command voting weight greater than or equal to 1 basis point of the total IPT supply;
- Participate in at least 90% of all on-chain IP votes within the previous 90 days
- The Recognized Delegate (or one authorized representative if a team or institution) must attend at least one public protocol development call each month.
Thanks Feems, sounds good! When will this all “start?” Would love a list of some links if possible to maybe where I can see where to vote, call schedule, etc?
one of the requirements of eligibility is " * Be active in community discussion boards, staying sufficiently informed about challenges and solutions in the IP community." so you should be familiar with where to go and how to participate
The meetings will be announced in discord and in the events section of discord.
can you clarify how someone can indicate and *participate" their vote if most proposals are optimistic?
Hello, someone had asked the same question in the recognized delegate forum post (Proposal:IP Recognized Delegates Program - #11 by MakerMan), my response was: " I think a good way for me to track position and participation is for delegates to explicitly note when they support an optimistic proposal in their communication." All activity should be indicated in the delegate page such as this one, so I able to track activity.
15: Proposal to change IPT rewards
We are in FAVOR: Cutting IPT emissions to the UNI-v2 ETH-USDi LP and decreasing borrowing incentives as we believe cost benefits of doing so aren’t worth it anymore. Also, in agreeance with the direct rewards streaming for large pools.
16: Proposal to add ZRX & update UNI LTV
We are in FAVOR: We think introducing ZRX as this reasonable cap at LTV is reasonable for initial launch. No complaints here.
Indication of Attendance at 1/27 Community Call @feems Thanks